Several things that have impressed me on day 1:
- The instructors are amazing (they are also co-owners of the school and are very hands on with the upkeep of the facilities).
- Our culinary class of 24 students is definitely a very diverse bunch, many of them coming from overseas including Kenya, New Zealand, South Africa, El Salvador, Thailand.
- The green thinking that is practiced at the school – water conservation, composting scrap food waste, not wasting food in general.
- The health consciousness – no more coffee after breakfast, no Red Bull or other sugar-laden caffeine drinks allowed, but regular water breaks are highly encouraged.
- Blogging is actually 10% of my grade for the course. Hopefully I’ll keep this up!
- And, I washed dishes. 😉
New uniforms (no neck ties required!):
A look at my shiny and new supplies and tools: